Please read the eligibility requirements and follow the link below to apply.
Eligible TechWomen participants are women who are engaged or rising in professional careers that require significant expertise and knowledge of STEM fields and/or innovative application of these skills, and who already are –or show promise of being—role models for women and girls.
TechWomen is accepting applications for the 2013 program from women who are permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
2013 TechWomen Eligibility Requirements
An applicant must:
- Be a woman with a minimum of two years of full-time professional experience in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology;
- Have a university degree;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity;
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program;
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years;
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa;
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in STEM fields;
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States;
- Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities;
- Have demonstrated entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
Application deadline: February 22nd, 2013
The TechWomen program will cover travel and housing costs and provide a per diem for all selected participants.
If you have questions about the program, or the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or Tel: +1-415-362-6520 (Ext. 257)