This is the final notice for tomorrow’s first annual Alumni Homecoming Day. Below is a final programme for the day and some requests on what you can bring along:
PREPARING FOR THE DAY:
1. Please bring some old comfortable clothes to clean / paint / work in. Do bring clothes you won’t mind spilling some dirt or paint on!
2. We request that you also bring any old buckets, mops, cleaning cloths and material, and other lighter cleaning material you think might be useful.
3. We further request that you bring any tools, paint brushes, spanners, etc. that could be useful on the day.
4. The Alumni Society will provide some paint brushes, turpentine, sandpaper, paint, cleaning material and other general repair material. Please bring along any drills, spanners, etc. that could aid in making the work easier.
5. The Alumni Society will also have a small stall selling bottled water and drinks (at affordable prices). From 12h30, we’ll also be selling some boerewors rolls for lunch – all these proceeds will go towards raise for the work of the alumni society.
PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY:
08h15 Registration & welcome
08h30 Alumni Annual General Meeting
09h30 Break / Repair work prep.
09h45 Repair and cleaning work
(12h00 – 13h00 Lunch – Boerewors rolls on sale)
From 13h00: Complete work and Depart.
TASKS / PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED:
(1) The computer lab fence and door need to be repainted (to green),
(2) Big dust-bins around the school need to be painted (to green)
(3) It would be great if we could also source a big bin (drum) for another team to erect at the new outdoor sitting area.
(4) We’ll source some door handles to replace on office and classroom doors.
(5) One or two classrooms might need fresh paint… (if time / resources allow)
(6) There are some new pot plants in front of the school – the pots need to be painted (to green).
(7) There are also some general cleaning work around the classrooms – which we can just do.
(8) Check and replace classroom and office block door handles.
(8) Repair old donated computers and office equipment (fax machines /and printers).
(9) Check, load and/or upgrade software on old computers (incl. some school owned)
Mr. Huma will be there tomorrow to guide and assist us. In addition the school ENVIRONMENT Committee (learners) will be present to assist, and help with cleaning the school area and gardens.
Please contact me (+27(0)83 6903917 if you have any questions, further suggestions / ideas, etc.
Thank you once again for making this commitment – we hope to see you at Tsogo tomorrow morning for some good old handy work!
Tsogo Alumni Society Secretary