On the 18th of December 2010 we will be hosting a Christmas Party for the less fortunate children of Lotus Home in Mabopane near Pretoria.
Information about Lotus Home
Mama Mary Lwate founded the Lotus home (Legae la Bana) back in 1975.Her passion and drive for children and people has seen her register a non-profit organisation called Good Hope Community Organisation in 2001.
Services Provided by the Non-Profit Organisation
1. Lotus home(Legae la bana)
- The are separate homes for both the girls and boys
- There are 53 girls and 57 boys currently residing at the homes.
- The children at the homes are from different walks of life, some are orphans while some were abandoned and others are from poor homes
- The children at the home go to local schools
2. Other Outreach Programs
- There is a creche that they use for the little kids from the home and around the community.
- They have a bakery that services the community
- They have a sewing project that gives work to the community women.
- They have a burial society that they use to bury people whose families cannot afford burial fees
How you can help
Donate Clothing and/or Shoes. If you have clothes and shoes you would like to donate please send them this way, all kinds of sizes from small to extra large, shoes sizes: 1-10. You can also make a donation of new clothes, we also need toys for the children. Their age group ranges from 4 years to 20 and also a 23 and 28 year old.
If you clothes/ shoes/ toys to donate, please let me know by the 9th of December 2010, so we can arrange a pick up point or drop off. Email me at email@example.com
If you would like to help in anyway or form i.e. your time or food etc. it will be highly appreciated. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the following documents with more information
- [download id=”2″]
- [download id=”3″]
Thanking you in advance. If you can assist or would like more information please contact me via email (I can then avail my phone number if needed)
Note: This is a project highlighted by an alumnus and not the school/alumni society. Please contact the alumnus directly for more information or to assist.
Leave a Reply