Alumni Profile of Kenny Johannes Mokoka
When did you start and finish at Tsogo?
- Started in 1986 doing grade 11
- In 1987 I did my matric, sounds long but it feels like yesterday
Where did you do your primary schooling?
Marotola Primary School in Stinkwater Hammanskraal as you can imagine this is about 40km’s from Tsogo.
What further education institutions did you attend?
What do you currently do?
- I am a Chartered Accountant and currently working as the Planning Director for Pepsicola Based in Saudi Arabia and responsible for Dubai, Kuwait, Iran,Bahrain, Oman , Abhudhabi and Qatar. As a Planning Director I am responsible for the Overall Strategy development, Mergers and acquisitions, and the budgeting and all financial proposition analysis. This is very interesting for a finance guy.
- In my personal capacity I am sponsoring 2 kids in primary school unrelated to me
- I am also mentoring 3 university students aspiring to become chartered Accountants
What is your inspiration?
I am inspired by making a difference in people’s life especially motivating students in rural areas to believe in themselves. I have a dream of producing 5 black chartered Accountants who were fully funded personally by me or one of my business initiatives. I believe you are never truly successful until you impact(improve) somebody else’s life.
Message to Alumni
Keep up the good work, if possible keep contact numbers for all students of the same class and year. (If you are interested in getting details of past students from your year please fill in this form and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Message to current Students
- Don’t lose focus
- Believe in your abilities,
- Have a mentor and
- Remember if it is going to happen it will be up to you and nobody else
What is/are your fondest memory/memories of Tsogo High School?
It was when a monkey came down from the mountain and stole my friends’ lunch box and ran back up the mountain with that lunch box.
I was nominated as best accounting student in second year at Wits technikon.
Given two salary increases while still working for RMB within 6 months due to outstanding performance
- I am a keen golfer and belong to the Ibutho Golf Soceity and Blue Valley Golf School
- Also a member of Black Professionals forum
Connect With Me
More Alumni Profiles
- Alumni Profile: Izimangaliso Surprise Malatjie (Tsogo 1986-88)
- Alumni Profile: Dr. HM Molamu (Tsogo 1980)
- Alumni Profile: Mpho Mokgadi (Tsogo 2004)
- Alumni Profile: Nna Patrick Mosupye (Tsogo 1980)
- Alumni Profile: Portia Victoria Mogosetsi (Tsogo 2003)
- Alumni Profile: Gabisile Simelane (Tsogo 1996)
- Alumni Profile: Kgomotso Sekhute (Tsogo 1986)
- Alumni Profile: Keamogetsoe Maroo (Tsogo 2002)
If you have an alumnus you would like to nominate please email us at email@example.com or go to the Contact page and fill in the contact form.